mercoledì 27 marzo 2013

Tea Time


"At 9 o'clock she made breakfast - that was her part of the household work - The tea and sugar stores were under her charge - and the wine - Aunt Cassandra did all the rest - for my Grandmother had suffered herself to be superseded by her daughters before I can remember; and soon after, she ceased even to sit at the head of the table "

From My Aunt Jane Austen, by Caroline Austen



Saturday was a really nice and sunny day!
I received a visit from a dear friend and we decided to take a cup of tea in the garden.
On a small wrought iron table we prepared a springtime tea table!
Enjoy my photos and if you like leave me a message!
Thank you!

"Alle nove preparava la colazione, era quella la sua parte di faccende domestiche. La provvista di tè e zucchero, era compito suo, oltre al vino. Tutto il resto lo faceva zia Cassandra, poiché mia nonna aveva accettato di essere rimpiazzata dalle figlie prima di quanto io possa ricordare; e subito dopo, smise persino di sedersi a capotavola".

Mia zia Jane Austen. Ricordi di Caroline Austen 
Traduzione di Giuseppe Ierolli da jausten.it




Sabato è stata davvero una bella e soleggiata giornata! 
Ho ricevuto una visita di una cara amica e abbiamo deciso di prenderci un tazza di tè in giardino.
Su un piccolo tavolino in ferro battuto abbiamo apparecchiato una piccola tavola decisamente primaverile.
Godetevi le mie foto e se vi va lasciatemi un messaggio!
Grazie!








8 commenti:

  1. Buona Pasqua anche a te, cara
    e alla tua famiglia
    Love Susy x

    RispondiElimina
  2. This is gorgeous - love the quote from Jane Austen's neice and the tablecloth is amazing! I do appreciate you sharing your lovely tea with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    RispondiElimina
  3. Thanks Kathy, I am happy to share ideas, passions and emotions... :)

    RispondiElimina
  4. What a lovely outdoor tea! So vintage looking with all your linens and tea cozy. That is a sweet tea cozy! Your china too is lovely as well. I enjoyed your "Jane" theme as well. I just love the embroidery on your vintage table cloth.
    Thank you so much for joining in Tea Cup Tuesday! I have enjoyed my visit and I am your newest follower : )
    Hugs,
    Terri

    RispondiElimina
  5. Beautiful!!! Loving that teapot cozy!! happy Tuesday..Blessings, C. (HHL)

    RispondiElimina
  6. Gorgeous tea party for two! I love your outdoor setting and all the lovely flowered set for a tete-ta-tete. The beautiful teacloth with the two sweet ladies applicated on the linen is my favorite piece of your party. The next is the tea cozy with the cute design. Have a lovely party with your friend and enjoy the Spring weather for tea and converstion is so special!

    Pam

    RispondiElimina
  7. How nice to take tea outdoors. Love your tablescape ... the embroidered table cloth and the cute tea cozy. The china is lovely. Happy Tea Day!

    RispondiElimina
  8. That's a lovely rosy tea table and I love the embroidered table cloth. With a tea party like this I bet you enjoyed your day very much. :)

    RispondiElimina